Arabica Spray Dried Instant Coffee is selected from the best Arabica coffee beans with high quality from Central Highland of Viet Nam – Lam Dong. With extensive experience in growing, caring for, and processing coffee, Helena is able to preserve the original flavor of natural coffee beans in the instant coffee product.
1. Overview of the Arabica Coffee
Arabica coffee has the scientific name of Coffea Arabica. Arabica has a rich, tart, fruity taste, a sweet aftertaste, and a well-balanced body.
The caffeine content in this coffee bean accounts for only 1-2%, much lower than that of Robusta.
1.1. Historical Origins Arabica Bean
The name Arabica originates from the Arabica Peninsula in Arabia. Many stories have it that this coffee first appeared in Ethiopia in Africa. After being introduced to the Arabian peninsula, Arabica was considered an esoteric drink.
Therefore, this peninsula has gradually become known as the exclusive place for Arabica coffee. Maybe, because of this fact, the name of this coffee bean is taken after the name of the Arabian peninsula.
Arabica coffee was first grown by the Arabs in the 14th century. However, by the 17th – 18th centuries, this coffee variety was popular in many places. Up to now, Arabica accounts for 70% of coffee production worldwide.
1.2. Biological characteristics of Arabica coffee plants
Arabica grows well at an altitude of 900-2000m above sea level, rainfall of 1,500-2,500mm/year, and suitable temperature from 15-25 degrees Celsius.
Arabica has a small canopy, oval-shaped leaves, and green color. bold, oval-shaped coffee berries. When mature, the tree can reach a height of 2.5m – 4.5m. There are even trees growing in the wild that can reach 10m in height.
Arabica coffee has high economic value but it is difficult to grow and care for, has low yield, poor resistance to pests and diseases. Harvest time is usually 3-4 years after planting. Arabica has a lifespan of about 25 years. Under natural conditions, this coffee tree can reach a lifespan of 70 years.
2. Arabica Instant coffee production process
Each coffee brand has its own production process to create a brand, but the main difference is in the final flavor mixing step or coffee quality as well as production machinery. However, instant coffee often shares the same production process as follows:
2.1. Selection of fresh Arabica coffee beans
“Picking ripe Arabica coffee berries” is a seemingly simple task, but it greatly affects the quality of Arabica coffee. Similar to biting into an unripe apple, you will notice a sour taste.
The same goes for Arabica coffee, even if there are 85% red ripe fruits in a bag of Arabica coffee, only 15% are nearly ripe, and they will exhibit a slightly sour, slightly acrid taste in the final cup of coffee served to customers.
Ensuring the picking of ripe Arabica coffee is one of the most fundamental and also the most difficult aspects of our Arabica coffee processing.
2.2. Roast and grind Arabica coffee powder
- Arabica coffee you choose is good quality beans, which have been dried and moved to the roasting stage.
- Roasting time is from 18-25 minutes/batch according to standard and using a roasting machine according to technology will help keep the natural aroma.
- Roasted Arabica coffee beans must be ripe from the inside out, the seeds will expand evenly, without burning edges, without calluses, and with beautiful colors.
2.3. Powder grinding
After roasting, you switch to the grinding stage, the Arabica coffee powder you should grind to a large size to make it easier to extract.
4.3. Arabica Coffee Extraction
Extraction is the stage of extracting nutrients in Arabica coffee from the coffee grounds, you dissolve the Arabica coffee with hot water to extract an extraction solution with a solute concentration of about 25-35%.
- We pour the coffee into a well-insulated tower extractor.
- Then people pump hot water about 80-90 degrees Celsius from the bottom of the tower to extract the coffee.
- When hot water passes through the coffee in the tower, the extraction of substances in the coffee will take place. The solutes will form a solution at the top of the tower, and the amount of solute collected at the top of the tower, and the amount of solute at the top of tower will increase gradually and will be continuously replaced at the towers.
- The extraction process many times helps the nutrients in the coffee be extracted completely, limiting the amount of fine powder that dissolves deeply into the extracted water, which will be difficult in the later stage of spray drying. The concentration of Arabica coffee solution after extraction will reach about 20-22%, which will meet the standard.
4.4. Concentrate Arabica coffee extract
- After extraction, we still have to go through a concentrated step before taking it to spray drying because the concentration of coffee is still dilute, if you dry it, it will consume a lot of electricity and take a long time to dry.
- Therefore, Arabica coffee juice after extraction is concentrated by a vacuum concentrator to a concentration of about 30-33%.
- The process of concentrating the coffee solution is absorbing heat and quickly evaporates to the required concentration, then stops.
4.5. Arabica Spray-dried instant coffee
After the concentration is complete, the coffee solution you proceed to put in the spray dryer to spray dry into a powder.
The concentrated coffee solution is pumped into the spray disc of the spray dryer, where the multi-hole punched disc has a large rotation speed of up to 22000 rpm, helping to create mist when sprayed into the drying chamber.
High-temperature heated air is pumped into the drying tower, which dries the mist extract into a powder in just a few seconds. The arabica-dried instant coffee powder falls to the bottom of the collection tower at the bottom of the cyclo.
The resulting instant coffee has a moisture content of 1-2%, with a beautiful dark brown color.
3. How to purchase Arabica Spray Dried Instant Coffee Powder from Vietnam?
Characteristic color: Typical coffee brown
Ash content: 8.0%
Water extraction: 96%
- Domestic: Cash against Documents or Bank transfer with SWIFT
- International Payment: T/T advanced, L/C at sight or to be negotiated
|Delivery time: International shipping|
|Quantity/ Quantity:||MOQ 1 ton||cont 20′||cont 40′|
|Estimated time/ Estimated delivery time:||3 days||7-10 days||10-15 days|
Origin: Daklak, Vietnam