The Best Coffee Bean Supplier in Vietnam – Vietnam is the world’s second-largest coffee exporter, supplying more than 1.5 million metric tons of green coffee to coffee enthusiasts worldwide yearly.
Finding the correct coffee bean supplier for your company is critical for running a successful café. Different providers offer varying quantities and quality of coffee; some will allow you to choose whether you want the ground or whole bean.
It is simple to judge when real-world testing is combined with professional guidance.
The Situation Of Coffee Exports In Vietnam
ICO data shows that Vietnam is still the second largest coffee exporter in the world, with an export volume of 11.6 million bags from the beginning of the 2021-2022 crop year up to now, a sharp increase of 19.1%. compared with the previous year.
According to data from the General Department of Customs, the average export price of Vietnam’s coffee reached $2,248 per ton, down 2.5% compared to February 2022 but up 22.2% compared to March 2021.
For the whole first quarter, the average export price of Vietnam’s coffee reached 2,230 USD/ton, up 24.9% over the same period in 2021.
In the first quarter of 2022, Vietnam’s coffee exports reached 58,700 tons, with a turnover of $1.3 billion, up 28.3% in volume and 60.2% in value over the same period in 2021. 1.3 billion USD, the first quarter of 2022 has established the highest quarterly coffee export value ever.
According to the latest analysis by the International Coffee Organization (ICO), global coffee production in the 2021-2022 crop year decreased by 2.1% to 167.2 million bags, while consumption increased by 3.3%. to 170.3 million bags.
Thus, the world coffee market in the 2021-2022 crop year will record a deficit of 3.1 million bags due to low Brazilian production. Currently, this country is the largest coffee exporter in the world, followed by Vietnam.
The International Coffee Organization also warned that the coffee supply-demand balance might face global economic growth risks and falling consumer demand. In contrast, the cost of planting, processing, and coffee shipments increased due to the escalation of tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
According to ICO data, Vietnam is still the world’s second-largest coffee exporter, with an export volume of 11.6 million bags from the beginning of the 2021-2022 crop year up to now, a sharp increase of 19.1% compared to the previous year previous crop year.
This increase is partly due to the low level of Vietnam’s exports in the same period last year due to logistics problems, container shortages, high freight costs and seaport congestion in key export markets the US and Europe.
Brazil still ranks first in coffee exports, with more than 40 million bags shipped this year.
In third place was Indonesia, with exports of 16.5% to 3.6 million bags. This increase is due to the strong growth of the instant coffee industry.
Indonesia exported 1.1 million bags of instant coffee from October last year to March this year compared with 0.7 million bags in the same period of the 2020-2021 crop year.
However, in the world market, in the first half of April 2022, the price of Robusta coffee decreased due to increased supply and pressure to expire in May 2022.
While Vietnam has just finished the coffee harvest, Brazil and Indonesia have also started harvesting the new Robusta coffee crop.
The Best Coffee Bean Supplier in Vietnam
Helena Coffee Processing & Export in Vietnam | Helena., JSC is a Vietnamese coffee maker and exporter founded in 2016.
Helena., JSC was created by a border of directors with many years of expertise in the coffee sector in Buon Ma Thuot City, Vietnam – The City of Coffee.
Green coffee beans, instant coffee beans, coffee roaster equipment, and other coffee items are among the professional Vietnamese coffee products we manufacture.
Our company’s spirit is adaptable, diversified, and inventive, and our objective is to develop a dependable, professional, and efficient Vietnamese coffee exporter.
Our Coffee products
Whole green/roasted beans suppliers from Vietnam Origin
- Vietnamese Robusta/Arabica coffee Fully-washed/Natural/Honey Grade 1 on-screen No. 18
- Vietnamese Robusta/Arabica coffee Fully-washed/Natural/Honey Grade 1 on-screen No. 16
- Vietnamese Robusta/Arabica coffee Fully-washed/Natural/Honey Grade 2 on-screen No. 13+
- Vietnamese Specialty green/roasted coffee beans from Lam Dong, Daklak
- Vietnamese Private-Label roasted coffees from Lam Dong, Daklak
Vietnamese Instant coffee with competitive price
- Spray-dried instant coffee powder
- Freeze-dried instant coffee powder
- Agglomerated Instant Coffee
- 3in1 instant coffee mix
- 4in1 instant coffee mix: Coconut, durian…
- Instant coffee can/bottle from Vietnam
- Private-Label Instant Coffee from Vietnam
Ground coffee from Vietnam
- Drip coffee bag
- Whole ground bean
- Speciality ground coffee
- Private-Label ground coffees
The Process of Importing Coffee From Vietnamese Suppliers
Import conditions for Coffee Bean Suppliers in Vietnam
To import coffee into the Vietnamese market, importers must first ensure that the goods fully meet the following conditions:
- Imported coffee must be announced at the competent state agency.
- Importing enterprises must be granted a certificate by the inspection agency “Notification of results certifying that food meets import requirements” for each consignment;
- Must have a certificate of free sale or a medical certificate for functional foods, foods fortified with micronutrients, genetically modified foods, and foods that have been irradiated;
- If Vietnam does not have clear standards, international agreements and treaties to which Vietnam is a member will apply.
- Fully meet the corresponding technical regulations, comply with regulations on limiting pathogenic microorganisms, pesticide residues, veterinary drug residues, heavy metals, pollutant agents …
HS code of Coffee Bean Supplier in Vietnam
Looking up the product’s HS code is a must because it will help businesses understand the specific import tax regulations and policies for coffee. For coffee products, it will be under the management of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The HS code of a product will be based on information about the goods’ actual properties, composition, structure, function, etc.,. At the same time, it will be based on catalogues, documents, techniques (if any) or assessments at the Customs inspection department.
HS Code 0901 (Large heading): Coffee, roasted or not roasted, whether or not decaffeinated; pods and coffee silks; Coffee substitutes contain coffee in some proportion.
+ HS Code 090111: Coffee, unroasted, Not decaffeinated:
- HS Code 09011110: Arabica WIB or Robusta OIB;
- HS code 09011190: Other.
+ HS code 090112: Decaffeinated:
- HS Code 09011210: Arabica WIB or Robusta OIB;
- HS Code 09011290: Other;
+ HS Code 090121: Coffee, roasted: Not decaffeinated:
- HS Code 09012110: Not milled;
- HS Code 09012120: Grinded;
+ HS code 090122: Decaffeinated:
- HS Code 09012210: Not milled;
- HS code 09012220: Grinded.
+ HS code 090190: Other:
- HS Code 09019010: Coffee pods and silk peels;
- HS Code 09019020: Substitutes containing coffee.
Note: The HS code of Thong Tien Logistics consulting above is for reference only.
Apply for an import license
Applying for a coffee import license is an indispensable step in the coffee import process. To apply for an import license, businesses will prepare a set of documents, including:
- Business registration license with the business of importing and trading coffee.
- Certificate of free sale;
- Notarized copy of CA;
- Product standard announcement;
- An application for an import license;
- Plant quarantine declaration.
Phytosanitary import Coffee Bean Supplier in Vietnam
In addition to the coffee import registration documents, businesses must do plant quarantine. Accordingly, a plant quarantine registration dossier will include the following documents:
- Plant quarantine registration certificate
- Photocopy or original copy of Certificate of plant quarantine issued by the competent plant quarantine agency of the exporting country.
This document is received by the plant quarantine agency and checked for validity according to regulations. If the set of documents is invalid, the enterprise will be required to add more.
The quarantine process will be carried out by the quarantine specialist directly on the shipment at the border gate or seaport. Next, the enterprise will be granted a Certificate by the plant quarantine agency and transported domestically within 24 hours from the date of issuance.