Six coffee export licenses are required in Vietnam: Coffee is one of the strengths of Vietnam. To take advantage of that advantage, there are now many businesses exporting coffee to foreign markets, if you are a producer, roaster, packer, and trader of coffee products. You and coffee want to expand your export market to foreign countries; you must fully implement the licenses in Vietnam and the coffee export licenses.
What are the six required coffee export licenses? Which agency issues those licenses? And how to get a permit…? These are some of the questions that many businesses have and always wonder about. To answer this question, Helena, JSC will help companies obtain coffee export permits, including papers and information. Implementation time, please join Helena., JSC, to refer to the information below!
What are the six required coffee export licenses?
1st: Certificate of business registration
– You prepare 01 sets of documents to establish a business license and submit it to the Department of Planning and Investment based on Decree 78/2015/ND-CP on business registration
► How to do: Upload your profile from https://dangkytinhdoanh.gov.vn/vn/Pages/Trangchu.aspx and follow the instructions, then you create an account and upload your profile; within three days, work will have results (if the record is valid)
Full profile includes:
- Application form for establishment of a company (according to the state)
- Charter of the company (according to the state)
- Identity card or Passport of the legal representative
Note: on the business license, there must be a coffee production and trading industry
– Time to make a business license at the Department of Planning and Investment is 5 to 07 working days
Second: Certificate of eligibility for food hygiene and safety
The certificate of eligibility for food hygiene and safety shall be submitted to the food safety management board based on the decree:
– Law on Food Safety No. 55/2010/QH12 dated June 17, 2010, effective from July 1, 2011
– Decree 15/2018/ND-CP – Detailed regulations on implementing several articles of the law on food safety.
► How to do: You go to the website of the food safety management board at http://bqlattp.hochiminhcity.gov.vn
Then download the application form according to the prescribed format and enclosed it with the complete dossier, including:
- An application form for a certificate of eligibility for food hygiene and safety (according to the state)
- Certificate of business registration has registered the profession of producing and trading coffee products (as CAO mentioned in step 1)
- An explanation of the facilities and equipment; tools to ensure food safety conditions for coffee production
- Drawing of the floor plan of the establishment and the area around the coffee
- Diagram of food production or preservation process; product distribution and description of the facility’s facilities, equipment, and tools.
- Health certificate of the establishment owner and the person directly producing; coffee business
- Certificate of training on food safety knowledge of the owner of the establishment and the person directly producing and trading coffee.
– Food safety license where coffee is produced has a period of 03 years; after 03 years, enterprises must apply for re-grant, the composition of the application file for re-grant of the original variety
Third: Testing coffee products
► How to do: You prepare 03 samples of coffee products, then set the test criteria based on the following standards:
- Decision 46/2007/QD-BYT; Regulations on maximum limits of biological and chemical contamination in food
- QCVN 8-2:2011/BYT; National technical regulation for heavy metal pollution limits in food
- QCVN 8-1:2011/BYT; National regulation for mycotoxin contamination limits in food
– Bring coffee products to the center for testing
** Note: testing at a center recognized by the Ministry of Health
– After 05 to 07 working days (counting from the date of sending the sample), you come to receive the test result sheet
Wednesday: Self-announcing coffee products
– Self-declaration of coffee products and submitted to the Food Safety Management Board
► How to do: you go to the website http://bqlattp.hochiminhcity.gov.vn to download the product announcement and follow the instructions, then attach legal documents like CAO mentioned in Step 1, step 2, step 3 specifically include:
- Business registration license (as CAO said in 1st)
- Certificate of eligibility for food hygiene and safety (as CAO said in second)
- Coffee test results (as CAO said in 3rd)
– After receiving the complete dossier, the Food Safety Management Board will post the published dossier on the website; after 3 to 5 days, your profile will be posted successfully.
Fifth: Certificate of free sale (also known as an export license)
The Certificate of Free Sale in English is the Certificate of Free Sale, which is managed and issued by the Ministry of Industry and Trade based on the following regulations
► How to do: You download the application file as prescribed in Decree 10/2010/QD-ttg and follow the instructions, then enclose all the licenses as CAO if in the above four articles, specifically:
- Business license
- Certificate of eligibility for food hygiene and safety
- Tea test results
- Self-published product
– Dossier 01 set submitted at the Ministry of Industry and Trade
– Within 05 to 07 working days (counting from the date of submission of valid documents), you will receive the result of the certificate of free circulation; In case there are amendments and supplements, the Ministry of Industry and Trade will issue an official dispatch to guide the application
Sixth: Medical certificate (Heath certificate)
► The application form and follow the instructions, then attach legal documents such as Helena., JSC mentioned in Step 1, step 2, step 3, and step 4, specifically:
- Business license
- Certificate of eligibility for food hygiene and safety at the place of coffee production
- Tea test results (note: on the test result sheet, the batch number and product expiry date must be shown)
- Self-declaration of coffee products
– Dossier 01 set submitted at the Ministry of Health
– Within 05 to 07 working days (counting from the date of submission of valid documents), you will receive the result of the certificate of free circulation; If there are amendments and supplements, the Ministry of Health will issue an official dispatch to guide the application.
How long does it take to get a license to export coffee?
The implementation time for coffee export licenses to foreign countries includes the above 06 steps by regulations from 45 – 60 working days; however, if you want to do it quickly, Helena., JSC will support and do it soon for you.
>>> six coffee export licenses are required in Vietnam