How to Export and Import Coffee to Thailand? Shipping Coffee Exported To Thailand – Are you in need of exporting Coffee from Vietnam to Thailand and are looking for a reputable shipping agent to send Coffee?
Come to Helena Coffee Vietnam’s specialised sea freight service to Thailand. With the advantage of long-term operation in logistics, sea freight forwarding, HELENA., JSC always brings customers the best service in terms of quality and price.
Vietnam’s coffee market share in Thailand’s total imports increased sharply, from 72.4% in 2017 to 92.4% in 2018.
According to statistics by the Thai Customs Authority statistics, coffee imports in 2018 reached 64.68 thousand tons, worth 4.487 billion baht (equivalent to 142.57 million USD), an increase of 11.5% in terms of value. Volume, but down 10.5% in value compared to 2017.
Vietnam is the largest source of Coffee for Thailand, with a positive growth rate of 42.3% in volume and 11.1% in value compared to 2017. Vietnam’s coffee market share in total imports and Thailand’s exports increased sharply, to 92.4% in 2018.
Laos is the second largest coffee supplier to Thailand, but the import volume in 2018 was only 2.97 thousand tons, worth 411.42 million baht (equivalent to over 13 million USD), 26.4%.
In ASEAN, Indonesia is Vietnam’s most prominent coffee export market with a volume of 62.3 thousand tons in 2018, worth US$ 123.48 million, up 343.5% in book and up 273.2% in value compared to 2017.
Thailand is Vietnam’s second-largest coffee export market in the ASEAN region, reaching 58.85 thousand tons, worth 105.13 million USD in 2018, up 99% in volume and 54.8% in value. Prices compared to 2017.
According to statistics from the General Department of Customs, in 2018, Vietnam’s coffee exports to the ASEAN region reached 198,851 tons, worth $375 million, up 135.7% in volume and 92.1% in value. They compared to 2017.
Thailand is a country quite familiar to most of us. This country is located in Southeast Asia and is one of the six most developed economies in ASEAN. Currently, Helena Coffee Vietnam receives Coffee at all significant seaports of both Vietnam and Thailand:
– Main ports of Vietnam: Hai Phong, Da Nang port, Cat Lai and Cai Mep
– The main seaports of Thailand: are Bangkok and Laem Chabang
Helena Coffee Vietnam receive sea freight to Thailand
HELENA., JSC establishes standard sea freight process
As a long-term forwarder, we have standard working procedures, ensuring the most convenient, fast and safest shipping. For the shipping route to Thailand, the working process of HELENA., JSC is:
- Step 1: Shippers contact HELENA., JSC and notify the time the Coffee are ready. Helena Coffee Vietnam will pull the container to the customer’s factory (warehouse) to pack and take the container to the yard (container yard).
- Step 2: Bill of Lading will be issued based on customer information provided via SI (Shipping Instruction)
- Step 3: The field staff of HELENA., JSC, will perform tasks at the port such as submitting VGM, scanning, weighing, etc. and doing export customs procedures for the Coffee. The container is then loaded onto the deck and ready to be shipped.
- Step 4: After the Coffee is transferred to the destination port, HELENA., JSC continues to process the Coffee at the port and do the Customs procedures and infrastructure. If the buyer (Consignee) picks up the Coffee himself and does customs, HELENA., JSC will issue delivery order to the customer.
How much does it cost to ship by sea to Thailand?
In addition to the sea freight, which is updated every two weeks, the costs of exploitation at the seaport (Local charges) are kept fixed according to the price list:
– Sulfur surcharge (LSS or WBS): USD40/80 for a 20’/40′ container. This is a new surcharge, according to the provisions of the treaty on shipping
– Sea freight: please get in touch with the receiving department of Helena Coffee Vietnam for quick updates
– Terminal Handling charges: USD120/170/200/140/231 for container 20’/40’/45’/20RF/40RF
– Bill of lading fee (Bill fee/Docs fee): USD 40/set
– Phí telex release: USD 30/bill
– Seal fee: USD 8/cont
How long does it take to ship Coffee by sea to Thailand?
One of the decisive criteria for service quality in international transport is transit time. The more secure, fast, on-time and non-delayed shipping time, the better the plan will be for both the shipper and the carrier.
For the route from Vietnam to Thailand, the shipping time on the sea leg depends on the transportation plan. In the case of direct service, the time is only 3-5 days. If the shipping option is selected (tranship service), the shipping time is 10-15 days.
What is Full Container Loading (FCL)?
FCL cargo means that the Coffee is fully loaded when transported. The shipper is responsible for packing and unloading the Coffee from the container. Coffee will be filled into one or more containers depending on the quantity and requirements of each shipment.
Types of containers are commonly used to pack Coffee in Thailand – Export and Import Coffee to Thailand
– Departmental containers: Including 20 DC and 40 DC containers used to transport everyday Coffee
– Bulk containers: apply to dry bulk cargoes. Usually, these items are transported by bulk ship (shipping). But in small quantities, can use this type of container
– Insulation containers (Refrigerated containers): 20 RF and 40 RF containers. Usually used for Coffee that requires freezing or cold storage. The refrigerated container structure is like a departmental container, but with an additional chiller to maintain the temperature
– Top Open Container: Designed to facilitate the transportation of Coffee and long products.
– Flat rack: Container flat rack is designed to transport Coffee such as machinery, equipment, iron and steel…
Container ISO tank: Used to transport liquid Coffee such as alcohol, water, chemicals, liquid food, etc.
Transporting retail containers (LCL) to Thailand
This is the most popular method of road transportation in the world. They are applied to Coffee in small quantities, not urgent.
Container shipping (LCL) is a form of transportation in which a forwarder company collects the interests of many different shippers into one container to organise transportation.
Standard Coffee will be transported to the CFS (Container Freight Station) warehouse from the CFS warehouse.
LCL shipping service of Helena Coffee Vietnam is always appreciated with many advantages in terms of cost, service quality and transit time.
Especially with the sea route to Thailand, HELENA., JSC is the number one consolidating company. Therefore, the freight LCL via HELENA., JSC is always the lowest.
CO form D for Coffee exported to Thailand
For Coffee exported to Thailand, CO form D is used. The CO form D content usually shows the following:
- Boxes 1 and 2show seller (exporter) and buyer (importer) information. This information must match the Invoice and bill of lading.
- Box 3: Mode of transport and transport: sea, air, or road.
- Box 4: For the authorities of the importing country (For Offical use): the Coffee are entitled to preferential treatment (Preferent treatment given) or not given preferential treatment (Preferent treatment not shown).
- Box 5: Order number of Coffee
- Box 6: Marks and numbers on packages
- Box 7: Description of Coffee. Including quantity, volume, packing specifications, HS code
- Box 8: Criteria of origin is pure or not pure
- Box 9: Show quantity and FOB value of the shipment
- Box 10: Commercial invoice number and date (Invoice). We need to check carefully because this is a critical reference parameter
- Box 11: name of exporting and importing country, place and date of CO application, together with the stamp of the company applying for CO
- Box 12: Signature and seal signed by CO approval officer.
- Box 13: Show other contents (others)
Import And Export Coffee To Thailand (Thailand)
Step 1: Through this article, you will clearly understand the current state of seaports in the host country to choose the best import-export solution suitable for your current production and business needs.
Step 2: We will make preliminary statistics of the steps that need to be taken to complete the entire import-export process by the provisions of the Vietnamese legal system in particular and import-export practices in general.
List Of Seaports In Thailand (Thailand) – Export and Import Coffee to Thailand
PORT OF BANGKOK
Sea freight to Bangkok:
- Ho Chi Minh – Bangkok : 1 usd/ 20″ container
- Container shipping time from Ho Chi Minh – to Bangkok to 3 days
- Hai Phong – Bangkok: 120 usd / container 20″
- Container shipping time from Hai Phong – to Bangkok: 5 days
LAEM CHABANG PORT
Sea freight to Laem Chabang:
- Ho Chi Minh – Laem Chabang : 20 usd/ 20″ container
- Shipping time for containers from Ho Chi Minh – to Laem Chabang : 3 days
- Hai Phong – Laem Chabang: 120 usd / 20″ container
- Shipping time for containers from Hai Phong – to Laem Chabang: 5 days
- Sea freight Ho Chi Minh – Songkhla
- Shipping time for containers from Ho Chi Minh – to Songkhla: 11 days
Vietnam is the largest source of Vietnamese Coffee for Thailand
According to the International Trade Commission, Thailand’s coffee imports in the first nine months of 2020 reached 48.1 thousand tons, worth $96.4 million, up 33% in volume and 23.7% in value. Compared to the same period in 2019.
In the first nine months of 2020, Thailand boosted coffee imports from most main markets, including Vietnam.
Specifically, Vietnamese Coffee imported into Thailand in the first nine months of the year reached 41.8 thousand tons, worth 67.42 million USD, up 31% in volume and 23% in value over the same period in 2019.
With the above data, Vietnamese Coffee accounts for 86.8% of Thailand’s total coffee imports.
Vietnam’s coffee market share in Thailand is far behind that of the following largest suppliers, such as Indonesia (4.3%), Malaysia (4%), Laos (3.5%)… Or maybe said that Vietnamese Coffee is flooding the Thai market.
In the first nine months of 2020, Thailand increased imports of all types of Coffee.
Imports of unroasted Arabica or Robusta Coffee accounted for 94.7% of the total volume, up 33.4% in book and 24% in value over the same period in 2019. reached 45.6 thousand tons, worth 76.17 million USD.